Regular town board meeting tonight, read agenda
By Andrew Harris
Roxane Schmidt asked for some good news for Wellsville today. Town officials will meet tonight and will be discussing this latest development on the Bolivar Road. Plans have already been released for a “drive-thru” Walgreens pharmacy and a Quicklee’s convenience store. Today, the news of a brand new Tim Horton’s arrived.
Most Quicklee’s stores feature an accompanying national chain like the recently built store at the “Belmont Truck Stop,” which has a Dunkin Donuts. The presence of both these national coffee spots in Wellsville is just the latest indicator that the local economy is undergoing a dramatic improvement.
The town board will be discussing several other important topics, read the entire agenda below. The meeting will be tonight at 7pm at the temporary town offices in the Wellsville Municipal Airport.
1. Pledge to the Flag
2. Minutes: 03/09/22 Regular Meeting
3. Consultant to the Supervisor: Report on Municipal Building Project.
4. Community Comment:
5. Financial Reports
6. Departmental Reports
A. Town Clerk * (*indicates report received)
B. Dog Control
C. Justice *
D. Fire Department – Requested to be on the agenda to discuss Training Tower.
E. Assessor *
F. Code Enforcement
G Highway *
H. Park – Will open May 1,2022
I. Airport *
J. Planning Board *
7. QUICKLEE: Conceptual Plan Review
8. HIGHWAY: A. FEMA UPDATE
B. June 6-8th Superintendent School
09. ELM VALLEY CEMETERY: Mowing agreement-Tracy Waters has called and still interested in this agreement.
10. AIRPORT: Approval for Fly in Breakfast
11. TECHNOLOGY RFP: Discussion for Tech Services, advertise RFP
A. Sinclair Water District
B. Community Development
C. Solar/Wind Committee
13. Supervisor/Councilmen Reports
- P. Graves – Resolutions for the Following: Sexual Harassment Policy and Employee Fraternization Policy, handed out at March’s Meeting.
- M. Miller –
C. J. Case –
D. S. Alsworth – Need a motion to Transfer $130,467.07 from A230CV to A1620.452 New Building Construction
14. Executive Session:
15. Audit/Payment of Bills – Abstract # 04
Next Board Meeting: May 11 ,2022 – Regular Meeting
- Planning Board Meeting: – May 09, 2022 Town
- Airport Meeting: May 10, 2022