Discover the green thumb in you!
From Allegany County Cornell Cooperative Extension,
Ever dreamed of having your own lush herb garden, teeming with aromatic basil, refreshing mint, and flavorful rosemary, right in the comfort of your home? Now you can turn that dream into reality with our exciting online class!
Whether you’re an experienced gardener or a complete beginner, this class is designed for everyone with a passion for fresh, organic herbs. In this class you’ll learn:
- Essential techniques for growing herbs indoors, even with limited space.
- The art of selecting the right herbs for your unique preferences and needs.
- Insider tips on providing the perfect balance of sunlight, water, and nutrients.
- Eco-friendly pest control methods to ensure a thriving, chemical-free garden.
- Creative and budget-friendly container ideas to match your home’s style.
- Harvesting and preserving your herbs.
Presented by: Cristian Acosta, Agriculture Educator Cornell Cooperative Extension.
Date: Tuesday, August 15th, 2023.
Time: 11:00 am – 12:00 pm
Registration: please visit https://allegany.cce.cornell.edu/events
Homegrown Herbal Bliss: The art of growing herbs at home is one of many programs offered by Cornell Cooperative Extension Allegany County. The association is part of the national cooperative extension system, an educational partnership between County, State, and Federal governments. As New York’s land grant university Cornell administers the system in this state. For more information, call 585-268-7644 or visit our website at www.cce.cornell.edu/allegany. Cornell Cooperative Extension provides equal program and employment opportunities.