Popular Wellsville restaurant brings the community together for a great cause
Pictured are Joanne White, Jasmine Sanders, Scott Swift, and Dennis White
Raising money in a small town isn’t always easy, but the good people at L’Italia just made it look easy. Restaurant owner Jasmine Sanders and her family organized and hosted a night of great food, live music, and some amazing donations from the community. Those donations, listed below, allowed the team to hand over $8,000 to the Hart Comfort House.
Deb Vossler, a longtime supporter of the “Hart House,” had this to say about the event:
“Jasmine Sanders and Shelly Sanders Dunne..this fundraiser for Hart Comfort House was sooo nice, well- thought out, with lot’s of hard work by all involved. It was a great night for a great cause. Speaking as a long-time volunteer at Hart Comfort House, the whole Sanders family is to be congratulated for their love and dedication to their father & grandfather by sponsoring such a successful event!”
More about the Hart Comfort House and how you can contact them to support this essential service in Allegany County:
Comfort House of Allegany County, Inc., a non-profit 501(c)(3) corporation known as Hart Comfort House, offers free comfort care for those in their last three months of a terminal illness.
Comfort care honors the well-being of every person and respects the dignity of human life.
Hart Comfort House, designed to be a welcoming and comforting place, is an alternative to the hospital or a nursing home when a person can no longer be looked after in his or her own home.
Hart Comfort House’s staff and trained volunteers are able to care for two residents at a time, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. They provide warm and compassionate care and support, not only to residents, but also to residents’ families and friends.
Hart Comfort House serves people living in Allegany County, but may also consider residents from neighboring counties. Admission to Hart Comfort House is based solely on need, regardless of age, sex, race religion or sexual orientation.
Each case is evaluated carefully and priority is given to people who have the greatest need, based upon their medical situation and the feasibility of care giving at home.
Here is a list of contributors and the winners of the Live Raffle
1. Mud club basket Julie Willson
2. Salon visage Julie Willson
3. Electric skillet from Joanne Ives Linda Coats
4. Heidi Noels season of dance from Heidi Lawton MaryKate Cole
5. Wine basket from Jenevera and Jeff Embser-Getman Steph Perry
6. 1 gallon maple syrup Sawyer Reality and Kehls maple syrup Kurt Barbara Strouse Rechenberg
7. Mud club basket Janet Tomas
8. Marshmallow Roaster Bruce Thomas
9. Corn hole + 50 gift card from Jodi Pearson of Howard Hanna Joe Felson
10. Gardening set from Community Bank Stephanie LaFever
11. $50 GC WBC from Jim Brown Emma Sisson
12. $100 cleaning from joseph the butler from Joe & Todd Denny Harris
13. Pioneer women lawn set from Ben Loeb Chet & Susan
14. Home goods from New Vogue Tami Maglier
15. $100 cleaning from Joseph the butler from Joe & Todd JoJo Brown
16. Shop at main $50 gift card, and t shirt from the shop at main JoJo Brown
17. $50 GC to L’italia from Jim Brown J. Licht
18. Wine basket from Joanne White & Scott Swift Amy Salmonson
19. Money Pizza from Penny Kathy
20. Candle Basket from northern lights Dean Giopulos
21. Mud club Tim Hennessy
22. Basket from Tamis floral Steve Jackson
23. Bar glasses + $50 GC L’Italia from Vella McWeeny Pat Balcom
24. Roosters from Tractor supply Taylor Winchell
25. Iit mirror +$50 Ulta gift card from Geralyn Gough Joe Timpano
26. $25 gc from Texas hot from Texas hot Caren Childs
27. Mud Club Pam Kirkwood
28. Hair care +$40gc Prima Salon from Prima Salon Marlee Cannon
29. $50 GC to harts from Harts Marlee Cannon
30. $ 40 gc from Affections by Lorrie Meyers Alicia Cornell
31. Framed photo from Genesee Valley Media Katie Foust
32. Giant cookie jar from Marshall Green Katie Foust
33. Wellsville brewery basket from WBC Katie Wallace
34. Impact driver from HEP Chris Meyers
35. Tailgating basket from Jenevera + Jeff Embser-Getman Nancy Reuning
36. 2 night stay at the Hann Homestead from Barb & Kurt Rechenberg Keirsten Cartwright
37. $50 GC to Iva Anns from Iva Anns Restaurant in Cuba Lori Hendrick
38. Pancake basket from Cheryl & John Elliott Tessa Levitt
39. $25 gc from Chamber of Commerce Brenda Robarts
40. $25 gc from Chamber of Commerce Dan Woolston
41. Pillow cases from Kathie Timpano Charles Frederiksen
42. From the Hart gift basket From the Hart Store