- Our 2022 Allegany County Office for the Aging Senior Picnic is scheduled for Tuesday August 16th (rain date of Wednesday August 17, 2022) from 11:00-3:00 at the Allegany County Fairgrounds and the cost is $10.00 at the gate. There is a flyer attached that can be posted and shared across Allegany County. We will be having a band, dance floor, farmer’s markets, contests, sponsor tables, chicken BBQ and cookies provided by the Allegany County Jail! We even have the Deputy Director of the NYS Office for the Aging coming to join Allegany County in the fun! Our Legislators and Department Heads usually join us and help serve lunch as well as judge the t-shirt contests that we have! If needed, rides from your car to the tent are available by golf carts.
In addition, if anyone would like to have a sponsor table, the form is attached. The cost is $275 for the sponsorship and it includes a table, 2 chairs and 2 chicken BBQ. We are expecting about 500 seniors at this event.
- On Thursday, July 14, 2022 there is be a Fraud and Scam Prevention Event at the Belmont Legion from 10:00-12:00 that the Office for the Aging, the Allegany County Sherriff’s Office, Senator Borrello, Center for Elder Law and Justice and First Citizen’s Bank of Wellsville will provide information on how to stay safe from those scammers.
- Starting in August, the Office for the Aging and Age Friendly Allegany (Ardent Solutions) will be hosting 13 Town Hall sessions across Allegany County. This allows older adults, caregivers and community members the opportunity to share what their communities need for older adults and to make Allegany County Age Friendly. Our Legislators are invited to these sessions to hear the concerns of their constituents.
- Happening now, the Allegany County Office for the Aging have Senior Farmer’s Market Coupons and we have set a distribution schedule across Allegany County. The criteria for someone to receive these coupons is listed in the attachment as well as the locations and times where people can pick them up. I have also included the form they would need to fill out to pick up the coupons for themselves. If they need to have someone else pick them up for them, there is an additional form they need to complete called the “Proxy Form” which I have also attached.
- For the first time, the annual Walk to End Alzheimer’s is being brought to Allegany County! We are pleased to announce that this event will be held on Saturday, October 8th in Cuba! The Southern Tier walk has always been held in Chautauqua or Cattaraugus County but this year it is being offered closer to home! Help us support a great cause and show the Southern Tier what Allegany County is made of😉 You can register to walk as an individual, join a team or create a team. The Office for the Aging has created a team and anyone who is interested in joining our team is welcome to do so, just use the team name “Memories of Family and Friends”. The event information and registration form is attached.