News, Politics, and Culture from 14895

Immaculate Conception at night by Vincent Embser

Fire at Whitesville Central School was quickly extinguished

Share:

A light fixture in the gym caught fire about 230pm

Home basketball games are cancelled tonight

By Andrew Harris

Whitesville School Superintendent Tammy Emery notified the community that a fire broke out in the light fixtures inside the gymnasium.

“We followed all safety protocols and everyone evacuated the building. We were quickly able to relocate everyone to the high school side of the building where they were warm and safe.”

“We are very thankful for our WCS staff and all our emergency response teams.”

All home games were cancelled, but after school activities went ahead as planned.

There were no injuries thanks to the quick thinking of student Graci Lewis-Ellison who immediately pulled the fire alarm when learning of the fire.

Previous Article

Ethel Mildred “Millie” Margeson, 94, Scio

Next Article

Alfred Town Talk : Sidewalk and Potpourri

You may also like