Knoll, Hogan, and Latorre honored for academics
ALFRED, NY, May 19, 2022 – The Alfred State College (ASC) chapter of SALUTE inducted three members recently. SALUTE (Service, Academics, Leadership, Unity, Tribute, Excellence) recognizes academic achievement of student veterans in both two- and four-year institutions of higher education.
Larry Knoll (Darien Center, NY), a heavy equipment truck & diesel technician major, was inducted into the Alpha tier, Christopher Hogan (Albany, NY), a business administration major, was inducted into the Bravo tier, and Joseph Latorre (Watkins Glen, NY), a criminal justice and social and behavioral sciences major, was inducted into the Delta tier.
Melanie Ryan, the advisor of the chapter, is excited to add new members. “Alfred State is very proud of its Veteran students and their accomplishments. We are thrilled to be able to recognize some of their many achievements through SALUTE”
To qualify for induction undergraduate students must meet the following criteria:
- Be currently enrolled as a student.
- Qualify as a military/veteran student under locally derived and maintained definitions.
- Earn a GPA that fits one of four different tiers: Alpha Tier (3.75-4.0 GPA), Bravo Tier (3.50-3.74), Charlie Tier (3.25-3.49), and Delta Tier (3.00-3.24).
- Have served or are currently serving in the military, National Guard, or reserves.
- Maintain the highest ethical standards.
The students were awarded a certificate, honors cords, SALUTE pin and a challenge coin.