The second full board meeting of the newly installed Allegany County legislature is planned for today, Wednesday January 26th, 2022. Legislators will conducting a fairly standard meeting with some news from the Public Defenders office and dozens off resolutions to be discussed and voted on. You can access a link to all the resolutions at the bottom of this page.
CALL TO ORDER
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG – Legislator Gary Barnes
INVOCATION – Chairman Philip G. Stockin
APPROVAL OF MINUTES:
- Committee of the Whole Meeting Minutes of January 12, 2022 – motion to approve
- Board Meeting Minutes of January 12, 2022 – motion to approve
PRIVILEGE OF THE FLOOR:
1. Vicki Grant, Training Consultant for the University at Buffalo’s Institute of Trauma and Trauma- Informed Care, and Helen Evans, Associate Director of Ardent Solutions – Trauma Informed Care
ON THE DESKS:
1. February 2022 Calendar
ACKNOWLEDGMENTS, COMMUNICATIONS, REPORTS, ETC.
- Meeting Notice that the next Fire Advisory Board meeting will be held on Thursday, January 27, at 7:00
p.m. at the Crossroads Facility.
- Correspondence from the Allegany County Capital Resource Corporation forwarding a Notice of Public Hearing Regarding a Proposed Houghton College Project and Financial Assistance Relating Thereto on February 1, 2022, at 6:00 p.m.at the Caneadea Town Hall.
- NYS Office of Cannabis Management announcement of Cannabis Conversations to talk about the new law and next steps for cannabis in New York. The meeting in Western New York is on Thursday, January 27, from 6-7 p.m.
- Correspondence from the Allegany County Association for the Blind and Visually Handicapped forwarding a copy of their 2020 Tax Return, a 2021 Budget vs actual summary, and 2022 Budget.
- Public Defender J. R. Santana Carter filed his Designation of Succession to the Office of Allegany County Public Defender naming Paul S. DiCola as First Assistant Public Defender, Patricia K. Fogarty as Second Assistant Public Defender, and Jake D. Rood as Third Assistant Public Defender in the Clerk of the Board’s Office on January 18, 2022.
- The Personnel Committee filed a copy of their appointment of Heather Bedow as Executive Secretary of the Allegany County Mutual Self-Insurance Plan for 2022 in the Clerk of the Board’s Office on January 13, 2022.
1. Resolution Intro. Nos. 19-22 through 43-22 (Please note that Resolution Intro. Nos. 42-22 through 43-22 were not pre-filed and will require a 2/3 vote to consider from the floor.)
READ FULL BOARD PACKET: