Andover-based ACHS will be open this Friday and Saturday to celebrate and recruit volunteers
Please do join us in our celebration of our 5th anniversary!
Special hours 10 am to 3 pm Friday, Jan. 14 (our actual birthday), as well as Saturday, Jan. 15, 10-3.
Look What We’ve Done….and can assist the public with:
• Genealogy, records and research upon request;
• Family History Collections shared;
• Obituaries files and records supplied upon request;
• Cemetery location, files, dates and history shared with public;
• County Historical displays – Sponsored AHA Committee at David Howe Library 5 years;
• Maps – Interpreted upon request;
• DAR Patriots Corner; Provide office for Catherine Schuyler Chapter D.A.R.;
• Book Store providing sale of local authors;
• Raised funds & built a Document Preservation Center in Basement level;
• Increased Membership to over 200 active members in the Allegany County Historical Society and 30+ in Andover Historical Society;
• Upon County Historian Retirement, voluntarily responded to all history queries;
• Provided Speakers of Historical Interest to the public;
• And more……
Now we require totally rebuilding our volunteer base and have room for people with or without computer skills to help us keep the ball rolling!! JUST SITTING AT HOME LOOKING FOR SOMETHING TO DO?
CONSIDER THE FOLLOWING, NEEDED IMMEDIATELY (Volunteer positions only):
⁃ A volunteer custodian, 1 or 2 days a week, flexible!
⁃ Volunteer Transcribers; we have a load of backlog of work! This can be a “work at museum, or work at home, provided a computer is available with software;
⁃ A Volunteer Manager, with scanning skills, experienced in Word & Excel a plus & willing to help us manage transcribers;
⁃ Volunteer Greeters & Display Setup People;
⁃ All of the above required to have good smiles & USE THEM!
⁃ Come and visit us & you’ll be helping us to celebrate our 5 years of accomplishments.
⁃ Offer to volunteer at the Museum.
⁃ If you like having fun this is a great place to participate in a project that is growing fast with just volunteers!! Contact Ron Taylor (email: [email protected] or phone (cell) 585-610-8668.