Effective Wednesday, May 19, 2021, NYS will adopt the Center for Disease Control and Prevention’s (CDC) new mask and social distancing guidelines for fully vaccinated individuals.
Consistent with CDC recommendations:
Immunocompromised and unvaccinated individuals should continue to wear masks and social distance
- Masks will still be required on public transportation, at nursing homes, homeless shelters, correctional facilities, schools and health care facilities
- Individual private venues may impose additional requirements.
- CDC requirements will be posted on the New York State Department of Health’s (NYSDOH) website.
- May 19, 2021, most capacity restrictions are lifted – restaurants, museums, retail, offices, etc.
- Outdoor food beverage curfew lifted today; indoor curfew lifted May 31, 2021
- Outdoor gathering limit is already increased to 500; indoor limit increased to 250
- Indoor residential gathering limit increased to 50
- County fairs open to capacity for 6′ social distancing
- Local DOH issues permit; NYSDOH approval is required for events with 5,000+ attendees
- Private operators and government owned venues can issue additional guidelines.
For more information, go to the NYSDOH website to see the CDC requirements: https://coronavirus.health.ny.gov/home