Locations to be Operated by Entrepreneurs Impacted by Inequitable Enforcement of Cannabis Laws
The New York Social Equity Cannabis Investment Fund, LP (the “Fund”) in conjunction with the Social Equity Servicing Corporation (SESC), a Dormitory Authority of the New York State subsidiary, announces that 10 teams of firms have been awarded bids to design and construct the first adult-use retail cannabis dispensaries to be opened in New York.
The firms were selected to develop approximately 150 turn-key sites across New York State for entrepreneurs who have received a Conditional Adult Use Retail Dispensary License (CAURD) through the New York State Office of Cannabis Management.
The teams of firms selected include:
- AOW Construction, LLC/ Anderson Porter Design
- ES Development & Management Corporation/Method Architects
- Forte Construction Corp/Goldman Copeland, P/2WR+Partners
- Grow America Builders, LLC/H2M architects + engineers
- LeChase Construction Services, LLC/Envision Architects/LaBella Associates
- Murnane Building Contractors Inc./BKA Architects and Wolf Construction Corp.
- SEI Design Group Architects, DPC/Bette & Cring
- SWAP Team (a joint venture between Anderson Porter Design, Salt Construction Management, Inc., and WHL Plant LLC)
- Temeka Group/Schnackel Engineers, Quorum Architects/CS Hudson
- The Pike Company, Inc./SWBR
SESC is currently working to identify dispensary sites that will be leased by the Fund’s operating subsidiary and subleased to the dispensary operators. This process is ongoing and is expected to continue through 2023.