The increase in COVID-19 cases across New York State and in Allegany County has caused changes in the contact tracing process. It is vital to remind those who test positive to immediately isolate and notify their close contacts who may have been exposed. Due to the overwhelming numbers, the New York State Department of Health (NYSDOH) and Allegany County Department of Health (ACDOH) will no longer be tracing close contacts. NYSDOH now has two links, one for the self-attestation for Isolation Orders and a separate link for self-attestation for Quarantine Orders.
NYSDOH links to the self-attestation forms: https://coronavirus.health.ny.gov/system/files/documents/2022/01/affirmation_of_quarantine_011222.pdf https://coronavirus.health.ny.gov/system/files/documents/2022/01/affirmation_of_isolation_011222.pdf The NYSDOH site for frequently asked questions is also available at: https://coronavirus.health.ny.gov/contact-tracing-frequently-asked-questions .
- Isolate for 5 full days after the test date, continue to wear a well-fitted mask for 5 additional days.
- If you are symptomatic beyond 5 days, cannot wear a well-fitted mask, or immunocompromised please isolate for 10 full days from test date.
- May or may not receive a call from a member of the NYSDOH or ACDOH tracing team. This may be from an unknown phone number, please answer your phone.
- Use this link to complete and print/email (if needed) the self-attestation form for your isolation orders. https://coronavirus.health.ny.gov/system/files/documents/2022/01/affirmation_of_isolation_011222.pdf
- Notify any close contacts that you are COVID-19 positive. Tell them to use this link to complete and print/email (if needed) the self-attestation form for their quarantine orders. https://coronavirus.health.ny.gov/system/files/documents/2022/01/affirmation_of_quarantine_011222.pdf
Contacts of Positives
- Unvaccinated contacts should quarantine for 5 full days after the date of last exposure.
- If you are fully vaccinated (it is two weeks after your booster or you are not yet eligible for a booster), you do not need to quarantine but should wear a well-fitted mask for 10 full days.
- Use this link to complete and print/email (if needed) the self-attestation form for your quarantine orders. https://coronavirus.health.ny.gov/system/files/documents/2022/01/affirmation_of_quarantine_011222.pdf
If you do not have a computer or internet access, you may call 585-268-9250 and leave your name, phone number, and message that you need help completing an attestation form and printing your isolation/quarantine orders We will return your call to help you. Please isolate/quarantine while waiting for a return call from a member of our staff. The NYSDOH links are also available on the Allegany County website at www.alleganyco.com .